Friday, October 29, 2010

Statement from Borough President Diaz
Re: Today’s Vote of the Local Redevelopment Authority for the Muller Army Reserve Center
    “I am unhappy that this administration has concluded that the appropriate use for this facility is as new housing for the homeless, despite the fact that three new homeless facilities are planned for the immediate area surrounding the Muller facility—one of which will be located directly across the street. I do not feel that the concerns of the Bronx have been taken into consideration on this matter, and I feel that we need more time to negotiate the proper use of the Muller space which, in my opinion, should be the next home for the National Guard units currently located at the Kingsbridge Armory.
    “Since the vote of the Muller LRA requires a quorum of all three of its members to go forward on a vote, my appointment will not be attending today’s meeting. I am hopeful that, through continued negotiations, we are able to come to an agreement on the reuse of this facility that will take into account the wishes of the people of the Bronx,” said Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment