Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Manny Tavarez On the Ballot


This came in from the Manny Tavarez for 33rd State Senate campaign.

 
Manny Tavarez is On the Ballot for New York’s Senate Democratic Primary
  
            New York State Senate Candidate Manny Tavarez has released the         
            following statement:

“I am proud to announce that I have fulfilled all of the requirements set by New York´s Board of Elections, and that I am officially a candidate in this year’s State Senate Democratic Primary.  I am thankful to each member of my team, and to all who continue to help and support me.  I am especially honored to have the support of State Senator Reverend Ruben Diaz!

Since the beginning of my candidacy for State Senate, I have been warmly greeted and welcomed by so many people who work and live in this Senatorial District.  They continue to make one thing very clear to me: We need a change.  I am honored by their support and trust, and look forward to serving them and representing them when I win this election.

My campaign platform is “Putting People First.”  These people include families and individuals who need affordable housing, senior citizens who need and always deserve quality care and support, sick and infirmed people who need affordable healthcare, and young people who need and deserve quality education. 

They also include young men who need programs to build their lives and keep them away from crime, guns, and violence that have been plaguing our neighborhoods. I believe that because of my experience in professional sports, I will be able to take practical steps to bring sports programs into the district.  These programs will play a significant role in the development of many young men.  The programs will promote fitness and provide valuable lessons in teamwork, leadership, responsibility, integrity, courage, honor and compassion. 

My campaign will also stress the need to provide women and families with alternatives to abortion.  We need to protect and defend the lives of all of our children, the most vulnerable members of our society.  We need to be sure that New York treats all children’s lives as treasures instead of seeing our children lives as burdens.

I look forward to running an effective campaign and to achieving victory on September 13th.”

For further information please contact Brady Tavarez 646-204-8682.




No comments:

Post a Comment