Friday, June 12, 2015

Everyone Must Be at a Staff Meeting in a Manhattan Night Club From This Assembly Office


Below is Assembly Speaker and 83rd Assembly District Assemblyman Carl Heastie's office after I went into the district office for the third time in as many days to seek answers about a scathing New York Times front page story on Assemblyman Heastie's Campaign Spending and reporting of donations. On Wednesday when i went into the office, Mr. Jamil Bailey told me that I would have to talk to the Press person from the office. I was given a phone number to call which was incorrect to which Mr. Bailey apologized and corrected. Upon calling the second number there was no response. I went back today arriving at 12:15 PM. Mr. Bailey was not in the office and a young lady below told me that he was out to lunch. When I explained about the two phone numbers Mr. Bailey gave me I was given a third number that I was told would work. I then asked when Mr. Bailey would be back. I was told that the office worker did not know when Mr. Bailey would be back from lunch, and when I asked when he left to go to lunch the worker ran to the back to get someone she said was the Chief of Staff.  






It seems that my visit and inquiry as to the scathing New York Times article got results as Mr. Mike Whyland sent the following to my editor at the Bronx News.

To follow up on your inquiry  re the Times story -

The Board of Elections has verified that all expenditures were proper and within their guidelines.

Michael Whyland
NYS Assembly
Office of Speaker Carl E. Heastie

My answer will appear in my next 100 PERCENT column in the Bronx News, Parkchester News, and Coop-City News Assemblyman Heastie, as your constituents want answers. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carl really knows how to pick em,
this one has great legs.

Post a Comment