Friday, July 1, 2016

Adam Clayton Powell - Thank you for your support



  Now that the dust has settled in the campaign for the 13th Congressional District, I just want to say Thank You.  I truly appreciate your support!
 
The results of Tuesday's election were not what we anticipated but we certainly gave it all we had.  I lost the election but I gained a number of friends as we campaigned in every corner of this congressional district.  We visited senior centers, greeted commuters at all 47 train stations in this district, walked the streets and attended dozens of debates, forums and community meetings.
 
Tuesday night I congratulated Adriano Espaillat on his historic victory and yesterday he invited me to his meeting with Assemblyman Keith Wright and Congressman Rangel.  We all need to work with him to tackle the problems and concerns of the residents of Northern Manhattan and the Northwest Bronx.
 
Many have asked me: "Adam, what's next for you?".  Not much will change.  I will continue doing what I have been doing since I left the State Assembly six years ago.  I am a Government Affairs Consultant specializing in all matters relating to -- but not limited to:  Dept of Buidings & FDNY permits, Consumer Affairs licenses, State Liquor Authority applications, etc.  I also consult with a security company and with an energy efficiency company.  So my plate is full for now.
 
I don't know if running for office is in the future.  Certainly I've had enough titles in my life, and don't need another one to be somebody.  I am somebody.
 
Again, thank you for all you did during the last few months.  We all benefited from your involvement in this democratic process.
 
All the best & enjoy your weekend,
 
ADAM

No comments:

Post a Comment