State Senator Jeff Klein hosted his Sixth Annual First Responder Appreciation Barbeque event in honor of the courageous men and women who risk their lives each and every day to protect our residents. Over 300 people from the police Department, Fire Department EMS, from the cities of New York and Mount Vernon were in attendance.
First responders gathered with their families to enjoy the festivities, which included face-painting, carnival games, arts and crafts, music, and lunch. The New York Rangers conducted their “Road Tour Experience,” providing attendees with hockey lessons, games, and giveaways.
- Police Service Area #8 - Police Officer Derrick Kreckman-
- Police Service Area #8 - Police Officer Wilson Rodriguez
- 41st Precinct - Clarivel Socola
- 43rd Precinct – Police Officer Ricardo Jimenez
- 43rd Precinct – Police Officer Denisse Caceres
- 45th Precinct - Police Officer Hannah Rahn
- 49th Precinct - Police Officer David Lepore
- 49th Precinct - Police Officer Melvin Rodriguez
- Mount Vernon Fire Department - James Lang
- Engine Company 43
- Ladder Company 59
- Medic Unit 15 Z – Paramedic Dave Reeve
- Medic Unit 15 Z - Paramedic Matthew Barbella
- Basic Life Support UNIT 20 I – EMT Adam Harrow
Above - A group photo of the Honorees with Senator Jeff Klein and Assemblyman Mark Gjonaj.
Below - A few individual photos.
Above - Some of the over 300 people in attendance.
Below - The New York Ranger Hockey Play area and giveaway tent.
Above - Just known as Robert, he skates, holds an American flag, and twirls a basketball on top of the flagpole at the same time.
Below - Former Marines were in the house or on the beach with Senator Klein and Assemblyman Gjonaj.