Thursday, September 21, 2017

WILLIAMS' STATEMENT ON THE SECOND DEATH OF A CONSTRUCTION SITE WORKER TODAY


  "For the second time today, I must offer my prayers for peace and comfort, and my heartfelt condolences, to the family of a worker killed on another construction site today. I would further extend my prayers to a second worker on-site who sustained serious injuries in the same accident. I pray for his recovery."
 
"That we should grieve the loss of a second worker in one day, that their families are now in mourning, is unfathomable. That these accidents occur with such frequency is unbelievable. That more is not being done to protect those who build this great city is unconscionable."
 
"I can only hope that we as a city move quickly to change the culture and environment that undervalues workers' safety and well-being. I continue to work to make these issues a priority."

No comments:

Post a Comment