Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Statement By Attorney General Barbara D. Underwood Upon Appointment By The Legislature


“I want to thank the legislature for entrusting me with the privilege of serving as New York’s 66th Attorney General.
It is a tremendous honor and I pledge to serve the people of the Great State of New York with honesty, integrity, and all of the skills I have acquired during decades of public service.
During my 11 years with the Attorney General’s office, I have seen first-hand the extraordinary talent and dedication of the people of this office. More than 700 attorneys, and another 1,000 investigators, analysts, support staff, and other professionals, are working hard every day to bring justice to the people of New York.
In the past few weeks, they have once again demonstrated their professionalism by pursuing the vital work of the people – rooting out fraud, fighting the opioid epidemic, protecting the vulnerable, and defending and enforcing the laws of our state.
At this moment, when so many New Yorkers are fearful of the effects of overreaching and discriminatory federal policies on them and their families, the role of the New York Attorney General’s office is more important than ever.
I’ve served in many roles in government throughout my career. But I believe this job – at this moment in history – is the most important job I have ever had.
I look forward to continuing to lead our office’s work to bring justice to all New Yorkers, without fear or favor.”

No comments:

Post a Comment