Saturday, May 18, 2019

BX10@cb.nyc.gov (CB) - 3134 East Tremont Avenue


Dear Community:

I am notifying you of the possible purchase of 3134 East Tremont Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, by Carnegie Hill Institute. Carnegie Hill Institute, according to its website, operates a "substance abuse and chemical dependency treatment center." Its representatives have conveyed to me that they will not be offering "methadone" to its patients at this site. Its Manhattan location (located at 116 East 92nd Street, New York, New York 10128) does offer methadone. I have made clear to Carnegie Hill's representatives that the community will, rightfully so, have reservations and will be concerned. For this reason, Carnegie Hill has asked to meet with a committee at Community Board #10. On my end, I will schedule the meeting and make certain that the public has ample notice to attend. 

This is a developing situation. I will be in touch with any new information. Again, the purchase of the building has not occurred nor has Carnegie Hill submitted an offer to the owner of 3134 East Tremont Avenue, but the sale should it happen is between private parties. We will schedule the necessary meeting so that the public hears first hand similar to that of the Miracle City proposal at 2800 Bruckner Boulevard.

As always, please feel free to contact me. 718 - 892 - 1161.
As one would expect, the call volume for a matter such as this will be high, but I will do my best to return each call. 
Sincerely,
 
Matthew Cruz
District Manager
Community Board 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment