Monday, July 22, 2019

Michael Blake for Congress - It is time to impeach President Trump




After reading portions of what is publicly available from Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s exhaustive 448-page report, speaking to lawyers with federal experience, and engaging with leaders on both sides of the aisle, I’ve been reflecting on how Congress must hold President Trump accountable. In light of these facts, the President’s devastating policy actions, and his explicit racism, sexism, homophobia and utter disrespect for most Americans, I have concluded that the House of Representatives should initiate impeachment proceedings against President Trump. 
  
It saddens me to write these words as an American and a public servant. I have arrived at this decision after careful analysis and consideration. I worked in the White House for President Obama, and I believe that talk of impeachment should not be thrown around casually. It must not be used for political points, but rather, only in extreme circumstances. 
  
I have published a piece explaining why I believe Congress should begin impeachment proceedings here
  
I’m running for Congress because the people of The Bronx and the United States of America deserve a new beginning. We all deserve bold, transformational change. It starts with holding President Trump accountable. 
  
Thank you, 
  
Michael Blake   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment