Monday, October 14, 2019


Fernando Aquino for NYC Council

Fernando Aquino  for NYC Council

Dear Friend,

You have inspired and supported my professional life and community activism throughout the years. You have motivated, energized, and encouraged me to continue to serve our community. I am happy to report that I am running for the New York City Council District 14 and I am confident that with your support we will make a difference.

I migrated to this country almost 30 years ago, with no idea how I would build a life in this city, but a strong determination to figure it out. Since then, I have been on a journey that has forged my character for public service. I have gone from reporting on the needs and contributions of our communities for El Diario la Prensa and other local newspapers, to obtaining justice with the New York State Attorney General’s Office. I have learned about political theory at the CUNY Graduate Center’s PhD program and experienced the tactics firsthand while working inside the halls of power at the New York State Senate. Teaching at John Jay and Lehman colleges has allowed me to expand on this diverse experience and build knowledge for the future. Along the way, my wife and I have built a wonderful family and an active community life.

It is here in District 14, where I have spent the past 15 years within a diverse, vibrant and hardworking community with tenacious small business owners, that I see untapped potential. Whether in Morris Heights, University Heights, Fordham or Kingsbridge, people are living with major challenges. These range from student homelessness to high poverty levels and worrisome crime rates. Expanding inclusive housing opportunities and addressing preventable health issues also remain crucial priorities for our neighborhoods.

Over the next few years, this part of the Bronx will face major opportunities for development that benefits our people,and I will be at the forefront of the battle for social justice to ensure that our communities can attain a better quality of life.

As my campaign takes shape, I invite you to join our dynamic movement to bring new leadership to the West Bronx. With your ideas, support, and strong commitment to put community first, we can respond to our collective challenges and forge a brighter future.

I am ready, and so is the West Bronx. Your voice and participation matters. Together we will make a difference. Thank you for joining us.

Sincerely,
Fernando Aquino for NYC Council

No comments:

Post a Comment