Thursday, July 22, 2021

165 Days and Counting

 


It's great when you don't have to run for office again, because you are term-limited out of office. I was a councilman, public advocate, and now mayor for the past almost eight years. Only this last year am I able to say what I want and not care about it.

I went to Bronx Science High school yesterday for a photo op. What else does a Lame Duck Mayor have to do in his last year in office. It was a groundbreaking for a new Science lab building. Some Bronx elected officials who went to the school were there, State Senator and Bronx Democratic Party Leader Jamaal Bailey, Assemblyman Jeffrey Dinowitz, and his son Councilman Eric Dinowitz, Assemblyman Kenny Burgos, and one of my opponents from 2013 Queens State Senator and former City Comptroller John Liu. 

I was able to tell everyone there that I was a Brooklynite, and that my son Dante went to Brooklyn Tech High School. I would have told them I was a Boston Red Sox fan, but The Bronx is home to the Yankees, and I wanted to get out of there alive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment