58,138 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
43 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"Many New Yorkers are continuing to catch COVID-19 as we work to fight the pandemic across the state. Although many have gotten vaccinated, we need to push those numbers even higher to defeat this virus for good," Governor Hochul said. "We're working to get more vaccines in underserved communities across New York—particularly among 12 to 17-year-olds—and that's why we're opening new pop-up sites and leveraging a social media campaign to get the word out. The shot is safe, free and effective, so let's all protect our friends and neighbors and get vaccinated today."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 197,952
- Total Positive - 6,151
- Percent Positive - 3.11%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 3.30%
- Patient Hospitalization - 2,390 (-37)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 295
- Patients in ICU - 517 (-3)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 275 (+4)
- Total Discharges - 195,499 (+317)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 43
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 43,882
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 55,891
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 24,189,043
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 58,138
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 335,686
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 78.5%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 71.1%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 81.1%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 72.8%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 66.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 59.7%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 68.6%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 61.2%