Saturday, September 4, 2021

Senator Biaggi's Week in Review: 8/30/21-9/03/21

 

Senator Alessandra Biaggi

Dear Community,

I hope you and your loved ones are all doing well and staying safe in the aftermath of Tropical Storm Ida. Unfortunately, our district and the surrounding areas suffered from record breaking rain and flooding, with Morris Park and Throggs Neck the hardest hit areas in the Bronx. My heart goes out to everyone impacted by the storm, and I send my deepest condolences to the families and loved ones of those who lost their lives as a result of it. 

My office and I want to offer any assistance that we can provide at this time. If you have lost power, experienced damaging flooding, or need any other assistance due to the tropical storm, please fill out this form so that my office and I can properly assist you. 

In the midst of this week’s devastation, I am also grateful to announce some good news. The New York State Legislature convened on Wednesday to meet the urgent needs of struggling tenants and small landlords across the state by voting to strengthen and extend New York’s eviction moratorium to January 15th, 2022. The Legislature also passed legislation to appropriate $250 million New York’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), and expand the reach of ERAP to assist even more New Yorkers. This extension of the eviction moratorium and enhancements to ERAP will provide desperately needed relief to the communities in District 34, as well as hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers across the state. 

I strongly encourage anyone eligible to apply for ERAP to ensure that you receive the proper rental relief. Under ERAP, applicants are protected against eviction as their application is processed. Additionally, if you are approved, you are protected from eviction for a year. For more information about protections available under ERAP, visit this link

I am incredibly proud of what we were able to accomplish in this special session, and look forward to continue fighting for housing justice for all. 

With Gratitude,

State Senator Alessandra Biaggi

No comments:

Post a Comment