56,924 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
41 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"With the arrival of winter when more people are traveling and gathering indoors, and the emergence of the Omicron variant, we are reminded that we cannot let our guard down in our fight to stop the spread of COVID-19," Governor Hochul said. "We are not defenseless, vaccinations and testing are the best tools we have in preventing further spread of the virus and its variants. If you have yet to get your vaccine, go out and do so as soon as you can and if you're due for your booster, doses are readily available across the state. Wear a mask, wash your hands, and stay safe as we head into the winter season."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 99,430
- Total Positive - 5,277
- Percent Positive - 5.31%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 4.12%
- Patient Hospitalization - 2,829 (+73)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 335
- Patients in ICU - 556 (+18)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 304 (+6)
- Total Discharges - 215,237 (+237)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 41
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 46,484
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 59,168
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 29,683,176
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 56,924
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 533,203
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 85.8%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 78.3%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 90.3%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 80.5%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 74.1%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 66.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 77.5%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 68.2%