113,929 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
45 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Announces 60 National Guard Medical Teams Will be Deployed to Long-Term Care Facility Locations in Need of Extra Assistance
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"As the weather gets colder and friends and family gather indoors for the holiday season, the risk of a winter spike in COVID-19 cases rises," Governor Hochul said. "My administration is carefully monitoring developments with the Omicron variant and is working to continue making vaccines and boosters widely available. We have the tools to fight this virus - get vaccinated if you haven't, and get the booster if you're vaccinated. Wear a mask, wash your hands, and keep you and your loved ones safe."
Governor Kathy Hochul today also announced the deployment of 60 National Guard medical teams to various long-term care facility locations across New York. The medical teams will assist at nursing homes and long-term care facilities where the need for additional resources has been identified. The New York State Department of Health is coordinating the deployment of these resources with each impacted facility to ensure the deployments target each facility's unique needs and that the additional staff is assimilated smoothly.
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 188,906
- Total Positive - 9,462
- Percent Positive - 5.01%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 4.37%
- Patient Hospitalization - 3,022 (+30)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 465
- Patients in ICU - 586 (+19)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 313 (+10)
- Total Discharges - 215,847 (+402)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 45
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 46,574 The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 59,280 This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 29,877,985
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 113,929
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 530,950
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 85.9%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 78.4%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 90.9%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 80.8%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 74.2%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 66.6%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 78.2%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 68.5%