142,265 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
55 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"As the weather gets colder and New Yorkers gather indoors with friends and family to enjoy the holiday season we must ensure that we remain vigilant and keep COVID-19 infections from moving in the wrong direction," Governor Hochul said. "The way out of this pandemic is clear — get the vaccine if you have not yet, get your second dose if you've only had one, and get the booster if you've had both. Encourage your loved ones to get vaccinated and mask up and we'll be enjoying a post-pandemic New York in no time."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 268,372
- Total Positive - 11,203
- Percent Positive - 4.17%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 4.78%
- Patient Hospitalization - 3,546 (+48)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 499
- Patients in ICU - 680 (+24)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 364 (0)
- Total Discharges - 219,296 (+420)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 55
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 47,015
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 59,784
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 31,046,551
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 142,265
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 881,917
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 86.6%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 78.9%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 92.3%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 81.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 75.2%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 67.6%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 79.9%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 69.5%