Announces New New York State Vaccine, Testing, and Booster Site Open in Broome County
277,391 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
71 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19. Governor Hochul also announced the opening of a new NewYork State vaccine, testing, and booster site in Broome County at the Former Davis College-Robb Activity Center (400 Riverside Drive, Johnson City, NY). The site will open tomorrow, December 16, at 12PM and will operate from 8AM to 7PM moving forward. The site will conduct testing on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and vaccinations on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. It will be closed on Sundays. Vaccinations at the site will be available by appointment and for walk-ins and serve those aged 5 and above. Both Pfizer/BioNTech and Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccines will be available and the first-doses, second-doses and booster-doses will be offered.
"As we continue to combat the winter surge in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, it is more important than ever to make vaccines, testing and boosters widely available across the state in order to keep ourselves and each other from getting seriously ill due to COVID-19," Governor Hochul said. "There is no time like the present to get your vaccine if you haven't yet and your booster if you have. Mask up, wash your hands, and let's enjoy a COVID-free holiday season with our loved ones."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 232,509
- Total Positive - 12,944
- Percent Positive - 5.57%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 4.83%
- Patient Hospitalization - 3,784 (+12)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 557
- Patients in ICU - 727 (-4)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 423 (+4)
- Total Discharges - 221,299 (+493)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 71
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 47,316
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 60,148
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 31,734,013
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 277,391
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 974,879
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 87.3%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 79.5%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 93.6%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 82.0%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 75.9%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 68.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 81.2%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 70.5%