27,842 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
132* COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Over Saturday and Sunday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"As we approach the end of the year, we must continue to stay vigilant," Governor Hochul said. "Vaccines are the way we can get through our holidays safely. If you will be attending any gatherings, exercise caution, wear your mask, and encourage those around you to get the vaccine and get the booster. Doing all of this, we will get through this and regather again at the other side, safe and healthy in 2022."
Today's data is summarized briefly below. Please note that certain numbers marked below with a single asterisk represent two-day increases, due to delayed reporting over the Christmas holiday:
- Test Results Reported - 166,681
- Total Positive - 26,737
- Percent Positive - 16.04%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 12.41%
- Patient Hospitalization - 5,526 (+635*)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 1,569*
- Patients in ICU - 913 (+33*)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 501 (+0)
- Total Discharges - 227,255 (+781*)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS covering both Saturday and Sunday - 132*
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 48,066 The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 60,941 This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 33,133,391
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 27,842
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 685,273
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 88.6%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 80.4%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 95.0%**
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 82.6%**
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 77.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 69.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 82.9%**
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 71.3%**
*Due to the Holiday, has the data from Dec. 25 and Dec. 26 and represents a two day increase
**Vaccination numbers compiled by the CDC as of Dec. 24