148,236 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
42 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"As we expected, we have found three additional cases of the omicron variant in New York State. Now is the time to get your flu shot, get vaccinated, and if you're fully vaccinated, get your booster if you haven't already," Governor Hochul said. "As we begin to add a layer of clothing to stay warm from the cold weather, getting your booster will give you the gift of an added layer of protection against severe illness from COVID-19. We are not defenseless against COVID-19 and its variants, we have the tools to beat it."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 207,831
- Total Positive - 9,907
- Percent Positive - 4.77%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 4.85%
- Patient Hospitalization - 3,198 (+91)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 494
- Patients in ICU - 616 (+21)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 328 (+19)
- Total Discharges - 216,980 (+371)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 42
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 46,715
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 59,354
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 30,312,870
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 148,236
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 758,165
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 86.2%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 78.6%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 91.4%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 81.0%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 74.6%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 67.0%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 78.8%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 68.8%