Friday, December 17, 2021

Senator Biaggi's Week in Review: 12/13/21-12/17/21

 

Senator Alessandra Biaggi

Dear Community,

In recent days we have seen the COVID-19 winter surge in full force. Positivity and hospitalization rates have increased significantly over the last week, and we must continue to stay vigilant in order to protect ourselves and our loved ones from the virus. Please continue to get vaccinatedget your booster shotget tested, wear a mask, and practice social distancing – these remain our best protections against the virus. See below in the COVID-19 updates section for additional information and resources.

Earlier this week, I hosted a virtual town hall regarding the proposed homeless shelter on 6661 Broadway in Riverdale. I was joined by Joslyn Carter, the Administrator of the Department of Homeless Services. The purpose of the town hall was to answer any questions or concerns the community had regarding the shelter, and to share all of the information my office has on the proposed shelter. It was a productive conversation and I appreciated many of the thoughtful questions that were asked. For those who were unable to attend or would like more information, please refer to this informational fact sheet for answers to FAQs and information that was provided at the town hall. If you still have any unanswered questions, you can ask them using this form and a member of my team will get back to you. 

Lastly, my office will be closed from Monday, December 20th until Monday, January 3rd in observance of the holidays. If you need assistance during this time, please reach out to my team at biaggi@nysenate.gov or call 718-822-2049. On behalf of Team Biaggi and myself, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year! I hope everyone has a joyous, safe, and wonderful holiday season, and I look forward to connecting with you all in 2022.

With Gratitude,

State Senator Alessandra Biaggi

No comments:

Post a Comment