97,135 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
166 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"The slowdown in new cases gives us a glimmer of hope, but cases still remain high and we are nowhere near the end of the winter surge," Governor Hochul said. "Let's not undo all of the hard work we've put in to get to this point. Please make sure to get your second dose and booster shot. Parents and guardians, the best way to protect our children is to get them vaccinated and boosted, once they're eligible. And let's continue to use the tools we know will help stop the spread: Wear a non-cloth mask and stay home if you're feeling sick."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported – 338,280
- Total Positive – 58,770
- Percent Positive – 17.37%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 20.22%
- Patient Hospitalization - 12,671 (+131)
- Patients Newly Admitted – 2,007
- Patients in ICU - 1593 (-4)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 830 (-1)
- Total Discharges - 247,354 (+1,687)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 166
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 49,955The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 62,698This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 34,611,241
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours – 97,135
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days – 636,628
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 89.9%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 81.0%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 95.0%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 83.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 78.9%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 70.5%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 85.6%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 72.6%