Happy New Year! I hope you all had a safe, restful, and enjoyable holiday season. The new year also brings the start of the 2022 legislative session in Albany, when the New York State Legislature reconvenes for the next six months to pass new legislation and determine the future trajectory of our state.
I am looking forward to working with my colleagues in the Legislature to pass progressive legislation that will invest in our communities and help New York tackle and recover from this pandemic. This session, I seek to prioritize a number of important issues such as:
- Pandemic response and recovery
- Passing a progressive budget that raises revenue in underserved communities
- Passing transformative housing legislation to ensure that every New Yorker has access to safe and affordable housing
- Transforming our system of ethics and oversight to prioritize accountability and transparency
- Tackling our climate crisis head-on
- Prioritzing and ensurnig protections are in place for survivors of sexual assault, harassment, and discrimination
- Passing criminal justice reforms to deliver a racially just system that reduces sentencing and enhances public safety
- Protecting every New Yorker’s right to an abortion
- Transforming the State Budget process to give the Legislature its fair share of bargaining power and center the needs of New Yorkers
I am committed to these goals for this session, and I look forward to and am honored to once again represent District 34 in Albany. Thank you for the opportunity to serve as your State Senator– it is one that I am forever grateful for.
I would also like to remind everyone to continue to get vaccinated, get your booster shot, get tested, wear a mask, and practice social distancing, especially given the recent surge in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations across our state. I understand that given the recent COVID-19 surge, it has become extremely difficult to find and get tested. My office is well aware of this issue and we are actively working with NYC and Westchester to ensure that testing sites are well distributed. If you live in District 34 and your neighborhood lacks a testing site, please contact my office at email@example.com or call 718-822-2049. Please see the COVID-19 updates section below for a list of COVID-19 testing sites in District 34 and additional information and resources.
State Senator Alessandra Biaggi