Thursday, October 8, 2026

Mayor Zohran Kwame Mamdani Releases Statement on ICE Shooting

 

Today, Mayor Zohran Kwame Mamdani released the following statement after a New Yorker was shot by a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agent: 


This afternoon in Marble Hill, a New Yorker was shot by an ICE agent in a residential neighborhood. Early reports indicate agents surrounded him and a 5-year-old child in his car before firing multiple rounds. We believe the child was physically unharmed.

This is an unconscionable and incredibly serious situation. I have called the President; when we speak I will demand that he ends all ICE enforcement actions in our city. I will not stand by while ICE agents terrorize our communities.

Our thoughts are with the injured New Yorker and his family tonight. We are praying for his recovery. Get ICE out of our neighborhoods. Get ICE out of our hospitals. Get ICE off our streets. Get ICE away from our children.

Abolish ICE.

No comments:

Post a Comment