Understanding the Recent Opioid Epidemic in Our Community and Other Addiction Issues
Morris Park Community Association
1824 Bronxdale Avenue, Bronx NY 10462
Jantra M. Coll, Psy.D., Clinical Director
Comprehensive Addiction Treatment Center (CATC)
NYC Health + Hospitals / Jacobi
· The opioid epidemic that is occurring on a local and national level.
· How addiction can strike anyone including those from good families, those with good jobs, and those who had previously not had an addiction problems. Prescription medication for pain management, such as Percocet and morphine, impacts people who previously didn’t have a history of addiction since “as needed” prescriptions result in overuse and consequently addiction. For others with addiction, there is a high psychological component as people self-medicate to help heal from trauma.
· The modern view of addiction as a disease that requires management just like diabetes. To help people recover from addiction, treatment requires a network of services involving an interdisciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychologists and counsellors.
Addiction Services at NYC Health + Hospitals / Jacobi
Medically managed detox spanning from three to five days, providing medications to help patients safely
The Comprehensive Addiction Treatment Center (CATC)
CATC is an outpatient program that helps people learn new ways to manage their addiction and address the
underlying causes. This intensive outpatient program offers:
· Individual Addiction Counseling where a counselor guides the patient through the recovery process
· Group Recovery Treatment Programs
· Vocational Counseling helping to prepare patients to compete in the job market
· Individual and Family Psychotherapy
· Trauma Treatment
· Wellness Program teaching healthy habits regarding nutrition, sleep and exercise
· Medications when needed to treat depression, anxiety or other conditions.
For More Information, Please contact-
Jacobi Building #1, 9th Floor West Wing
1400 Pelham Parkway South, Bronx, NY 10461