Requires Nursing Homes and Adult Care Facilities to Make Booster Doses Available to Residents
58,597 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
67 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Over the Last Two Days
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"With the emergence of the Omicron variant abroad and warning signs of spikes in cases this winter, the need for basic COVID safety procedures here in New York is more important than ever," Governor Hochul said. "If you've been waiting to get vaccinated, there's no better time to get your first shot. If you're eligible to get your booster, get it as soon as possible. And as always, make sure to follow basic pandemic safety measures like wearing a mask and washing your hands with soap and water."
As part of ongoing efforts to ramp up booster distribution, Governor Hochul is now requiring New York State nursing home and adult care facility operators and administrators to make booster doses available to all of their residents.
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
*Increase since data was last reported on Thursday, Nov. 25.
- Test Results Reported - 91,415
- Total Positive - 4,326
- Percent Positive - 4.73%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 3.95%
- Patient Hospitalization - 2,696 (+113)*
- Patients Newly Admitted - 637*
- Patients in ICU - 513 (+4)*
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 280 (+34)*
- Total Discharges - 214,686 (+440)*
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 67
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 46,412
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 59,069
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 29,554,705
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 58,597
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 563,937
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 85.7%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 78.2%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 90.3%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 80.5%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 73.9%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 66.3%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 77.5%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 68.2%