120,611 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
31 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"The holiday season is a special time of year when we gather with our families and loved ones, but we're also headed into a vulnerable time when more people are traveling, gathering indoors, and the chance of spreading COVID-19 is higher," Governor Hochul said. "We know how to prevent the spread of this deadly virus -get vaccinated. If you're vaccinated, then get the booster, and if you've done both then encourage your friends and loved ones to get vaccinated. Now is the time to do it. Let's get through the holiday season without any spikes."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 178,092
- Total Positive - 7,166
- Percent Positive - 4.02%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 3.84%
- Patient Hospitalization - 2,580 (+65)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 404
- Patients in ICU - 498 (+24)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 242 (+7)
- Total Discharges - 213,885 (+302)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 31
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 46,314
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 59,041
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 29,347,035
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 120,611
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 719,434
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 85.5%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 78.1%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 90.2%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 80.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 73.7%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 66.2%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 77.3%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 68.1%