76,451 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
27 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"We are two days away from gathering with loved ones, many of us for the first time since the onset of the pandemic - I want to urge New Yorkers to do everything they can to ensure they stay safe this holiday season," Governor Hochul said. "The vaccine is the best tool we have to prevent the spread of COVID-19. If you haven't gotten yours yet, go out and get it today, and if you have and you're due for your booster, get yours as soon as possible. Vaccines are safe, effective, and readily available throughout the state."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 118,953
- Total Positive - 5,336
- Percent Positive - 4.49%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 3.81%
- Patient Hospitalization - 2,515 (+154)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 372
- Patients in ICU - 474 (+4)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 235 (-1)
- Total Discharges - 213,583 (+209)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 27
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 46,283
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 58,948
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 29,226,424
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 76,451
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 694,257
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 85.4%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 78.0%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 90.1%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 80.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 73.6%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 66.1%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 77.2%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 68.1%