Monday, November 22, 2021

Ruben Diaz Sr. - Cleared by the Federal Election Commission


You should know that I have received a determination from the Federal Election Commission stating that they have voted to dismiss the complaint filed in 2020 by Bronx United, a “PAC”, clearing me of any claimed violations of the Federal Election Campaign Act.  In other words, my public service to the poor and needy families in the South Bronx in 2020, which was part of a Fresh Direct 5-borough food drive, didn’t violate any federal election law. 
 

It is important for you to know that the Fresh Direct Food Drive was done in full cooperation with all five Borough Presidents and many, many elected officials, yet somehow, I was the only elected official that the Bronx United PAC singled out to be fined.  
 

Ladies and gentlemen, I was proud to participate in this charitable activity by helping to hand out food and masks in the midst of a pandemic to the poor and needy alongside my son, Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz, Jr., and my fellow members of the New York Hispanic Clergy Organization. 
 
You also know that for decades I have tried my best to live my Christian faith and to engage in manual labor by collecting food and supplies for families here in Bronx County, in my beloved Puerto Rico, and in the Dominican Republic.  
 

It makes me wonder if the sponsor of the Bronx United PAC had put their money into helping a food pantry instead of using it to try to charge me with a federal election violation, they might have made the South Bronx a better place. 
 

I am Councilman Rev. Ruben Diaz and this is What You Should Know. 
EDITOR'S NOTE:

This reminds us of soon to be former Mayor Bill de Blasio who in 2017 was not charged by the U.S. Attorney Preet  Bharara, who said "There is not enough evidence for an indictment".

No comments:

Post a Comment