Monday, August 20, 2018

Dan Padernacht - Great News! I'm running for City Council.


Dear Friends and Neighbors,  

It is with great excitement and anticipation that I am writing to ask you to support my campaign for City Council in New York City’s 11th District.

My family has lived in the Northwest Bronx for 3 generations. My grandfather, Sydney, a member of Local 32BJ, lived and worked in our community. My father, Howard, attended Dewitt Clinton High School and lived and worked here his whole life. My mother, Pamela, was a local school teacher here for over 30 years. I am proud to say that it is my dream to continue in their tradition of excellence and service by representing you in the City Council.  

I have served on Community Board 8 for 10 years, where for 6 years I was Chair of the Traffic and Transportation Committee. In 2014, I was elected Board Chair and thereafter headed the city agency for 3 years. I am currently Chair of the Traffic and Transportation Committee, Vice Chair of the Land Use Committee, and have served on several other committees including Public Safety, Housing and the Hudson River Greenway committees.   

Every day I run a law practice in our community where I counsel individuals on the purchase and sale of their homes, business formations and other personal matters. I am part of a project team creating over 450 apartments of affordable housing in the Bronx. I acted as pro-bono counsel for the Fort Independence Park Neighborhood Association (FIPNA) in a lawsuit against the City to preserve the character and quality of our neighborhood. I have also represented numerous tenants pro-bono in housing disputes. The New York City Council is a legislative body and my experience as an attorney gives me the skill set to be an effective council member fighting for our community.

As your Councilman, I will work to improve our quality of life, reduce crime, protect our environment, and make sure our tax dollars are spent wisely. I will fight to create better public schools, community centers and transportation. I will prioritize local businesses which help mold our neighborhoods and I will make sure our seniors receive the care and services they have worked a lifetime to deserve. I will draft and vote on changes in
our zoning laws that make sense for the people in our community and the City.

Whether you reside in Riverdale, Wakefield, Woodlawn, Van Cortlandt Village, Bedford Park, Kingsbridge, Marble Hill, Norwood or Spuyten Duyvil, I understand the needs of each neighborhood are specific to its residents, and as your Councilman I will treat those needs with the attention and passion that are required to address them with the utmost success. This is why I need your help right now.

Will you join our campaign for a better District 11 by contributing today?  
  
Over the upcoming months I look forward to meeting you in our streets, our parks, our businesses and in your homes. Together, I know we can stand up and make sure our community’s future is a top priority at City Hall. I would be honored to earn your vote.
Respectfully,
Dan Padernacht


Your small-dollar contribution to Daniel A Padernacht can make a big difference! Contributions from NYC residents up to $175 may be matched $6-to-$1 by the Campaign Finance Program

  

LET'S CONNECT

No comments:

Post a Comment