#OpenStreets Programs Launch on Willis Avenue. Third Avenue Business Improvement District in partnership with area small businesses and community based organizations, Rockwell Group, NYC DOT, and the Bronx Community Foundation, launch the Open Streets // Willis Avenue program to provide outdoor dining space for restaurants, provide free community programs for area residents and visitors, and to deter quality of life challenges that have rattled this street in the South Bronx.
In addition to closing the street 7 days a week from 10am-8pm, the Third Avenue Business Improvement District is funding:
- Three additional full-time security personnel
- Three additional Clean Street Team members
- Sustainable socially distanced programs from Wednesdays through Saturdays
- Public art and civic engagement
- Socially distanced health and job fairs, complete with flu shot administration