106,978 Vaccine Doses Administered Over Last 24 Hours
155 COVID-19 Deaths Statewide Yesterday
Governor Announces New Daily COVID-19 Hospitalization Data
New Data Shows Number of COVID-19 Positive Hospitalizations Admitted for COVID-19 / COVID-19 Complications vs. Non-COVID-19 Other Reasons
Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"My administration is hard at work making testing, vaccines, boosters and masks more widely available in to fight this winter surge," Governor Hochul said. "While we are prepared to deal with whatever comes our way using the tools we know are effective, it will take a concerted effort on the part of every New Yorker to beat this pandemic and protect our loved ones. Get your vaccine if you haven't yet and the booster if you have, mask up, exercise caution while in indoor public spaces and we'll make it through this - together."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 377,160
- Total Positive - 82,094
- Percent Positive - 21.77%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 22.36%
- Patient Hospitalization - 11,548 (+364)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 2,058
- Patients in ICU - 1449 (+45)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 704 (+9)
- Total Discharges - 240,003 (+1,661)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 155
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 49,185The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 61,859This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 34,189,723
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 106,978
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 538,240
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 89.6%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 80.8%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 95.0%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 83.2%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 78.5%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 70.2%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 84.9%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 72.2%