Monday, June 6, 2011

Senator Reverend Diaz Prays for Congressman Anthony Weiner

New York State Senator Reverend Ruben Diaz (D-Bronx) has released the following statement today about United States Representative. Anthony Weiner (D-NY):
“The Bible teaches us to take care of others and to help others when they are down.
It is appalling to witness the way that Congressman Anthony Weiner’s colleagues have been running away from him during these past few days.  It is just shameful to see how many of Congressman Weiner’s supposed friends – especially those who are elected officials – have abandoned him as the media makes a total mockery of him.
Although Congressman Weiner has never defended my positions on some of the issues that matter most to me, I know that he has fought hard for New York State.  He has fought hard for the Democratic Party, for his colleagues in the Democratic Party, and for the President of the United States.
I am not defending any mistakes he may have made – who knows – but it is shameful to watch this ongoing ridicule of Congressman Weiner.
I am praying for Congressman Weiner and I ask everyone to join me and pray for him during these difficult times.”

No comments:

Post a Comment