Monday, November 14, 2011

Bronx Pride Moving in to the Rev Ruben Diaz Gardens

This is one that will have you talking.
Here is the New York Post article  about The Bronx’s largest gay-rights group unfurling its rainbow flag tomorrow at its new headquarters -- ironically located in a building funded by, and named after, the city’s No. 1 gay-marriage opponent, state Sen. Ruben Diaz. We suggest that you check out the story and comments from the Post article.

Here is what Senator Ruben Diaz has to say about the Post article.
New York State Senator Reverend Rube Diaz (D-Bronx) has released the following statement to clear the record about what he actually said to New York Post reporter Candice Giove when she interviewed him last week about the Bronx Pride group that is moving into the Rev Ruben Diaz Gardens on November 14th:

“I was surprised to read today’s New York Post’s sensational story by Candice Giove because she completely disregarded what I specifically said to her about Bronx Pride moving in to the Rev Ruben Diaz Gardens building.  Candice Giove instead used here say in her article – by unnamed sources - that I was left ‘hot and bothered’ and that I am ‘furious’.
To contradict Ms. Giove’s reporting and to repeat what I told her during her interview of me last week, I would like everyone to know that I am honored that Bronx Pride is coming to the Rev Ruben Diaz Gardens.  They honor me by recognizing my good work on behalf of the community.  When everyone abandoned the Bronx, I worked hard to bring jobs, housing and programs that benefit our community.  I am glad that Bronx Pride is taking advantage of these opportunities and I will continue to invite everyone to come to the Bronx because the Bronx is open for business.”
 


No comments:

Post a Comment