Wednesday, May 1, 2013

IT'S MY PARK DAY IN THE BRONX


Starting with Saturday May 4th and running through the first week of June the Parks Department along with various different local and civic groups will be co-hosting different Bronx park clean ups. Listed below are the posted listings on the Parks Department website.

May 4

It's My Park Day at Poe Park

at Grand Concourse between East Kingsbridge Road and East 192nd Street. (in Poe Park), Bronx

9:00 a.m.4:00 a.m.
On It's My Park Day, join the Poe Visitor Center in Poe Park for "In Pleine Aire with Poe" - arts activities in the park outside of the center. Activities to include knit…Free  
It's My Park Day at Starlight Park

at East 177th St. and Devoe Ave (in Starlight Park), Bronx

9:00 a.m.2:00 p.m.
On It's My Park Day, come on out and "Get InVolvEd" with G.I.V.E with a tree stewardship project, a river bank clean up, mulching and the drum beats, song and dance of…
Free! 

It's My Park Day at Brook Park

at Brook Park Community Garden, Bronx

10:00 a.m.5:00 p.m.
On It's My Park Day, join the Friends of Brook Park as they clean, plant in their community garden and help maintain the surrounding trees.
Free! 
May18

It's My Park Day at Crotona Malls

at St. Thomas Aquinas Church, Bronx

10:00 a.m.3:00 p.m.
On It's My Park Day, join the Community Board #6 Parks Committee and volunteers as they clean and beautify the Crotona Malls from East 175th St and Crotona Pkwy to East 178th St including…
Free! 

It's My Park Day at Van Cortlandt Park

at Mosholu Avenue & Broadway (in Van Cortlandt Park), Bronx

10:00 a.m.1:00 p.m.
On It's My Park Day, join the Friends of Van Cortlandt Park as they remove invasive plants and plant native plants on the John Muir Trail.
Free! 

It's My Park Day at Soundview Park

at Lacombe Avenue & Rosedale Avenue, Bronx

10:00 a.m.12:00 p.m.
On It's My Park Day, join The G.Y.M. Project as they clean up, plant and host a series of activities in Soundview Park.
Free! 

It's My Park Day at Ewen Park

at Northern Entrance, Bronx

10:00 a.m.4:00 p.m.
On It's My Park Day, join Community Board 8 and volunteers as they help beautify Ewen Park. The volunteers will spread mulch, pick up debris, rake and plant shrubs.
Free! 

It's My Park Day Randall Avenue Community Garden

at Randall Avenue Community Garden, Bronx

10:00 a.m.3:00 p.m.
On It's My Park Day, join the Randall Ave Community Gardeners as they clean up, paint and plant in their garden.
Free!

It's My Park Day at Mosholu Gully

at Mosholu Parkway and Webster Avenue

10:00 a.m.12:00 p.m.
On It's My Park Day, join the Bedford Mosholu Community Association to help clean up, plant flowers and paint the guard rails in the Mosholu Parkway Gully.
Free! 

It's My Park Day at Claremont Park

at Claremont Gazebo (in Claremont Park), Bronx

12:00 p.m.3:00 p.m.
On It's My Park Day, join New Settlement's Bronx Helpers in a park clean-up and beautification project. Activities will include projects that promote park stewardship. Projects will…
Free! 

Saturday, June 1, 2013

It's My Park Day at Bronx Park

at Bronx Park East and Thwaites Place (in Bronx Park), Bronx

11:00 a.m.6:00 p.m.
On It's My Park Day, join the Bronx Park East Community Association as they clean up, paint benches and mulch in the park.
Free! 

It's My Park Day at Van Nest Park

at Victor Street and Van Nest Avenue (in Van Nest Park), Bronx

11:00 a.m.6:00 p.m.
On It's My Park Day, join the Van Nest Neighborhood Alliance as they clean up the park, spread mulch, weed and plant soil in the planting boxes. 
Free! For more information about It's My Park Day you can visit the New York City Parks Department website at http://www.nycgovparks.org/events/its_my_park_day  or just click on the park listed for directions and more about that park.
 ************************************************************ 327767_MANTIS COMPOSTERS PAGE - 180 x 150  

 





No comments:

Post a Comment