Monday, May 4, 2015

STATEMENT FROM BP DIAZ RE: President Obama’s Visit to The Bronx



  “I was thrilled to welcome President Obama to The Bronx today. But I am even more excited to hear his words. The President’s stated commitment to the future of urban youth, especially young men of color in the United States, through the launch of his ‘My Brother’s Keeper Alliance,’ is worthy of considerable praise. I know firsthand the struggles young men of color face in this nation, and I know how challenging it can be to both lead one’s own life on the right path while also guiding others in that same direction. This initiative, which will combine public and private resources for the greater good, is welcome not only in The Bronx but across the United States.

“I am proud to have been present for today’s historic announcement, and I look forward to working with the ‘My Brother’s Keeper Alliance’ to help young men of color get the help they need to succeed,” said Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment