Friday, August 19, 2016

Queens Councilman - You Can't Take Away a Parking Lot in My District For Affordable Housing


Jimmy Van Bramer

Hi, My name is Jimmy Van Bramer. I am the Democratic Majority Leader in the City Council. There is a proposal to take away a 230 space parking lot in my council district for Phipps Houses to build a 209 unit affordable housing building, which will have 200 parking spaces as reported.  

I am opposed to the project as proposed, and will either not have it not be built or changes will be made that I approve. My fellow council member Ydanis Rodriguez stopped a similar proposal in Upper Manhattan., so why can't I do the same thing here in Queens. Councilman Rodriguez is only the Transportation Committee Chair, while I am the Democratic Majority Leader.


No comments:

Post a Comment