Friday, December 9, 2016

Council Member Andrew Cohen Announces Selection of New “District 11 Community Activist of the Month”





  At the 50th Police Precinct Council meeting last night Councilman Andrew Cohen presented his first Community Activist of the Month Award to Ms. Elisha Bird of Riverdale for her 'Traffic Safety Advocacy Efforts. Ms. Bird was injured while crossing a busy Kingsbridge intersection and has advocated for safer crossings at the intersection for all who cross at the intersection of Riverdale Avenue and West 231st Street where she was injured.

  “I am thankful that DOT heeded our request to introduce traffic calming measures at this busy location,” said Council Member Cohen. This will help students, teachers, and commuters in the Kingsbridge area. He added, “Elisha Bird is one of many individuals in the district who are my eyes and ears on the ground. I am grateful to her and others who bring dangerous conditions to my attention, so I can constantly suggest improvements to DOT.  I will continue to work with my colleagues and DOT to improve pedestrian safety at every dangerous intersection in my district. For her efforts in this key task, it is fitting that Elisha Bird be honored as District 11 Community Activist of the Month.”

No comments:

Post a Comment