Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Statemenet on CD11 Special Election By Candidate Abigail Martin


Abigail Martin


Since entering this race, my focus has been winning the June 2021 Democratic Party primary and serving a full term as the northwest Bronx's City Council member. That is still my focus. I will not be running in a March special election.


Over these past several months, I have traveled every corner of our district, listening to voters and hearing their concerns for the future of our community. I will continue to do so until I reach every Democratic voter before primary day. As Council Member, I will continue this effort, listening to each member of our community and seeking their input as we move our City forward. 


Thanks to the work of my campaign staff, my volunteers and the 400 people who have donated to my campaign, I have the resources and the organization to give Democrats in our district a real choice when they head to the polls in June. Our community deserves new leadership and we need someone in City Hall who will fight for each person in the northwest Bronx.


Abigail Martin, Candidate
New York City Council District 11 
New Leadership, Fighting for All of Us

abigail4thebronx.com 

EDITOR'S NOTE:

We agree 100 percent with candidate Martin's decision, and her previous statement that because of the Pandemic the special election for March 23rd be postponed to the June Primary as was done in 2020 to other special elections that were postponed by Governor Cuomo who is the only person who has the authority to do it as he did in 2020.

We also want to note that the Wakefield area last night was reported on Television station New York One to Mayor de Blasio as now having the highest percentage of COVID-19 positive testing at 18.24%. The Wakefield area just had a special election to fill the vacancy 12th City Council seat ten days ago.

We urge Governor Cuomo to postpone these special elections like he did to others last year to the June primary when most people will of had their COVID-19 vaccinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment