Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Senator Rivera's Bill Requiring Leases for Commercial Tenants Passes the Senate Cities I Committee

 

GOVERNMENT HEADER

State Senator Gustavo Rivera released the following statement after bill S4257B passed the New York State Senate Cities I Committee earlier today: 

"In New York City, commercial tenants, specifically small businesses, lack meaningful rights and protections when their lease expires. Too many of these businesses, including many in my district, are already rent-burdened and operating on a month-to-month basis without any written contract. My bill would protect these mom-and-pop shops by requiring property owners to provide their commercial tenants with a lease so that they can plan accordingly and help their business grow. When our small businesses thrive, our communities do so as well. I want to thank my colleagues in the Senate Cities I Committee for having voted this bill out of committee and I look forward to voting in favor of my bill once it gets to the Senate floor."  

No comments:

Post a Comment