Defendant Met Victim on Snapchat, Went to Her Home
Bronx District Attorney Darcel D. Clark today announced that a Bronx man has been indicted on first-degree Rape and related charges for sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl whom he had met on social media.
District Attorney Clark said, “This defendant allegedly communicated with his 12-yearold victim on Snapchat, sending her sexually explicit videos of himself, and then went to her home when her parents were out and allegedly raped the girl in her bedroom. This was insidious, disturbing behavior.”
District Attorney Clark said the defendant, Jose Ramos, 34, of Andrews Avenue, the Bronx was arraigned today on first-degree Rape, second-degree Rape, third-degree Rape, two counts of first-degree Disseminating Indecent Material to Minors, two counts of second-degree Disseminating Indecent Material to Minors, Sexual Misconduct, and Endangering the Welfare of a Child before Bronx Supreme Court Justice Eugene Bowen. He is due back in court on August 11, 2026.
According to the investigation, the defendant and the 12-year-old girl had begun communicating with each other on Snapchat in early April, 2026. He allegedly sent her several sexually explicit videos of himself. At approximately 9:30 p.m. on April 26, 2026, the defendant arrived at the child’s home while her parents were out. After watching TV in her bedroom for a while, the defendant allegedly grabbed the victim, removed her pants and raped her. The defendant then allegedly began to smoke marijuana. When the victim’s parents returned home, they smelled marijuana coming from their daughter’s bedroom, and the defendant jumped out of a closet where he had been hiding. The child’s father restrained the defendant until police arrived.
District Attorney Clark thanked NYPD Detective Massiel Delgado of the Child Abuse Squad for her work in the investigation.
An indictment is an accusatory instrument and not proof of a defendant’s guilt.
No comments:
Post a Comment