Thursday, December 21, 2017

Council Member Ydanis Rodriguez Congratulates Council Member Corey Johnson as the Next Council Speaker


  "After many months of hard work sharing my vision for our city as a candidate for Speaker of the New York City Council, today I am proud to congratulate my colleague and friend Council Member Corey Johnson on securing the support of the majority of our colleagues. It has been a pleasure to know and work with Corey the last four years. His leadership at both as Co-Chair of the Manhattan Delegation and  Health Committee have been vital in pushing our city to create policies that give access to all. I am sure that his historic election as City Council Speaker will serve to make our city and the Council so much stronger. 

In Corey, I know we will have a Speaker that will work day and night to ensure that the interest of the most vulnerable New Yorkers is top priority. I am confident that in the next four years my colleagues and I under the leadership of Council Member Corey Johnson will usher in a new path for our city. I look forward to working with Corey in shaping a vision for a transparent and inclusive New York City for all.

Sincerely,
Ydanis Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment