Monday, December 18, 2017

Luis Sepulveda - I am running for the State Senate



ANNOUNCING MY RUN FOR THE STATE SENATE
I am announcing my intention to run for the state Senate seat being vacated by Senator Ruben Diaz, who was recently elected to the New York City Council.

The seat in the 32nd Senate District, covering Parkchester, Castle Hill, Morrrisania, Hunts Point, Melrose, Longwood and Soundview, will officially become vacant on Dec. 31, 2017, after which Governor Cuomo is expected to call a special election to fill it.
 
I pledge to continue in the Senate with the same dedication and energy that I have shown in representing the people of the 87th Assembly District, who have returned me to office with overwhelming voting margins for three terms.

In the Senate, I want to fight for public safety and criminal justice reform, education programs,affordable housing, increased access to mental health care, economic development and opportunities, and social service reforms, especially as they affect middle class families and the working poor.
 
I look forward to sharing my progressive message with the voters of the 32nd Senate District in the coming months, listening to their concerns and delivering my case as being the most qualified person to serve them in the Senate.

No comments:

Post a Comment