Monday, May 14, 2018

Assemblymember Pichardo mourns the passing of Beatrice Castiglia-Catullo



 “I join the community in mourning the loss of Beatrice Castiglia-Catullo, known to all as Ms. Bea, a tireless advocate and champion of our Bronx community. Ms. Bea was the founder of Regional Aid for Interim Needs (R.A.I.N.), which is the largest social services network in the Bronx and provides critical services to more than 30,000 community members. R.A.I.N. manages 11 senior centers in our borough and administers Cucina Dolores, a meals program that targets homeless individuals in the South Bronx.

 “Ms. Bea was a truly remarkable woman who touched countless lives with her infectious altruism and unwavering compassion. Guided by her faith and commitment to serving others, she has undoubtedly helped make our Bronx community a better place. I know that R.A.I.N. will continue to grow and thrive, continuing Ms. Bea’s legacy and honoring her vision to serve those in need.

         
 “I want to extend my heartfelt condolences to Ms. Bea’s family and join the community in commemorating her life and legacy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment