Sunday, May 13, 2018

Statement by Speaker Corey Johnson on Plan for Overdose Prevention Centers


  “The Council has been a leader in the push to bring these centers to New York City, and we thank Mayor de Blasio for taking this brave, important and necessary step. Too many people have died from opioids and heroin. These sites will save lives and connect addicts with treatment options and trained professionals that could lead them to recovery. This is something that I championed during my time as Chair of the Council Health Committee, and is an issue that has deep personal significance to me. I am proud of our city today for taking bold steps to address a problem that’s gripped this country, and I hope other cities follow our lead and allow safe sites like these.”

No comments:

Post a Comment