Friday, March 13, 2020

Council Member Ruben Diaz Sr - Our Seniors Deserve Protection from the Corona Virus


What You Should Know
February 28, 2020
Council Member Ruben Diaz Sr

Our Seniors Deserve Protection from the Corona Virus

You should know that during today’s Aging Committee Hearing in the New York City Council, I asked the Commissioner to provide details about the City’s plans to protect our senior centers from the Corona Virus. To my shock, I was told that so far, no funding has even been requested. Nothing!

My dear reader, while our subways are being scrubbed and our schools are awaiting government resources to make them safe environments for our children, why is New York City ignoring the needs of the most vulnerable group of people who are most susceptible to the Corona Virus?

I invite all seniors - and all who love our seniors - to raise your voices and demand for our tax dollars to be immediately allocated so our elderly women and men who use these senior centers will be in clean and safe environments.

I am Councilman Rev. Rubén Díaz, and this is what you should know.


EDITOR' NOTE:

What did he know?

No comments:

Post a Comment