We did it!!! Our opponents raised over $13 million from Trump donors, corporations and billionaires, but we still re-elected Alexandria to Congress with a groundswell of support.
And that’s not all we did. Thanks to your help, we cemented our movement’s values and vision into a gigantic, growing force in the fight for working-class families across the nation. Specifically, because of your support, we:
- Delivered 80,000 meals
- Donated more than 100,000 masks
- Organized over 3,600 volunteers
- Fundraised $1.1 million to provide COVID-19 relief to excluded workers and families in-need
- Empowered our communities through workshops on childcare collectives, eviction defense, workplace safety and more
- Launched a virtual homework helper program to support students and families in our district
- Organized a $1 million census outreach program, which resulted in over $52.6 million returned to our district
- Recruited over 1,000 volunteers to help get out the vote in key swing states
We couldn’t have done that without you!
Progress doesn’t happen without your work. We appreciate you more than words can capture.
But listen. We can’t skip a beat. The work we have ahead of us is deep and transcends elections. It always has been. We are called to do it.
Donald Trump’s premature claims of victory are illegitimate, dangerous, and authoritarian. We need to organize like crazy to count the votes and respect the results.
And as long as working-class families are under siege from corrupt politicians and greedy corporations, we have an obligation to do everything we can to level the field.
This struggle will continue to be a challenging one. But right now, we are showing that we have the grit and determination to overcome the odds. A better world is not only possible – she is in our hands.
So yes, we should take a moment to celebrate what we have worked so hard to achieve – and then get right back to work.
With infinite gratitude,