Saturday, May 15, 2021

232 Days and Counting

 


I called for Equity and Excellence in my administration, and boy have I failed miserably. The public schools are more divided than ever, with more students not making the grade especially in the Bronx.  NYCHA Public Housing is in total disrepair. Crime has risen sharply in the past year, but you can't blame me for that because it was the state legislature who voted in the 'No Cash Bail Law'. I have told Police Commissioner Shea to have his officers 'Stand Down' when they see most crimes, because it will be a waste of time since the suspect will be right back out on the streets before the officers finish the paperwork. 

However the people who ride bikes (legal or not) love me for all those stupid bike lanes I put in. When I biked from Gracie Mansion to city hall last week, I too broke the law several times by going through red lights and riding the wrong way on the street. Let me enjoy this three day weekend away from those pesky reporters, and leave a ruined city for the next mayor to fix, I've done enough to New York City.


No comments:

Post a Comment