Tuesday, May 11, 2021

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW By Councilman Rev. Ruben Diaz 18 District, Bronx

 

REV. AURELIA GREEN
REST IN PEACE
 
You should know, that the Rev. Hon. Aurelia Green, one of the noblest human beings I have ever known, has gone to live with our Lord in heaven.
 
I knew Rev. Aurelia Green many years back, when together with her husband the Rev. Jerome Alexander Green, started the re-development of then “the disastrous and abandoned Bronx County.
 
When the banks, factories, businesses, and most of the population abandoned the “Burning Bronx” The Rev. Aurelia & Jerome Green stood firmed, to help create the new Bronx.
 
With the deepest sadness, I liked to share a few words about Aurelia Green, first, she was a champion for human rights, a real down to earth advocate for our communities, never giving up to achieve the best for the peoples she served, as a dearly Reverend, she was committed to a ministerial cause of serving everyone, I could count myself to be blessed that she considered me her friend, today I would like to express my deepest condolences to her family and friends.
 
Rest in peace my dear friend 

I am Councilman Rev. Ruben Diaz, and this is what you should know.

No comments:

Post a Comment