Saturday, July 3, 2021

183 Day and Counting

 


Let me just say one thing about this first Rank Choice Voting election, boy am I glad I was not running in it. Rank Choice Voting was to be different from previous elections. It was to bring out friendly races, and not those drawn out mud slinging contest we had in the past. It seemed not to work that way, from the mayor's race down to the smallest city council race, the mud was thick enough to line the streets of the city. If I had to run this year, I may not have gotten re-elected as your mayor, so it is a good thing that we have term limits here in the city.

Why the Board of Elections released statistics while votes were still coming in is something that may need to be investigated. I mean the absentee ballots that had to be cured, and were sent back to voters because they made a mistake on the ballot, are not due back until July 6th. You can't blame me for what went on in the primary, or should I say New York City election. Curtis Swila, you have no chance in hell of winning, so have some fun while you campaign.


No comments:

Post a Comment