Monday, November 8, 2021

54 Days and Counting I Will Take No Questions on My Dumping 540 Single Adult Males into Bronx Community Board 11



 No, I will not take any questions from reporter Robert Press of the Bronx Chronicle, because he will ask me why I am dumping 540 single adult men into three Bronx Community Board 11 homeless shelters. I know that there are About 101,000 students living in unstable, or temporary, housing in the 2020-2021 school year, according to an analysis of state data released by Advocates for Children. That’s a larger number of children than the entire school district of Denver. Also that my Department of Homeless Services has a policy of not putting more than 25% of a community boards homeless population be single adult males, but who cares that I am putting in over 65% into Bronx Community Board 11. The families and children from Bronx Community Board 11 are elsewhere in the Bronx. 

That reporter Robert Press will also ask me why there is a $139 million dollar Pelham Parkway roadway reconstruction, a new larger water distribution system being installed that has messed up a section of the parkway for over a year, along with new larger storm sewer installation, and completely replacing the North Service road, making it smaller by taking away parking on one side, with no community oversight. There was a Pelham Parkway Task Force run through the local community board, which brought out the community concerns. It seems that task force was disbanded, and the consultant on the project told the community board that a community task force is not needed to oversee the project. Mr. Press wanted to know why the task force was disbanded, and there is no community oversight on such a large project.

No comments:

Post a Comment